Statement of Faith
- That there is but one living and true God, eternally existing in three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, equal in power and glory. One triune God created all things, governs all things, and all things exist only by him.
- That the scriptures of the Old and New Testaments are the Word of God, fully inspired without error in the original manuscripts, and the infallible rule of faith and conduct.
- In God, the Father, an infinite, personal Spirit, perfect in holiness, wisdom, power, and love. The Father concerns himself mercifully in the affairs of men and He hears and answers our prayers. The Father saves all those who come to Him through Jesus Christ from their sins and spiritual destruction.
- In Jesus Christ, God’s only begotten Son, conceived by the Holy Spirit of God. We believe in his virgin birth, sinless life, miracles and teachings, His substitutionary atoning death, bodily resurrection, ascension into heaven, and perpetual intercession for His people. We believe in His personal and visible return to earth to establish His Kingdom and in the bodily resurrection of the dead. We believe in the Final Judgment, eternal condemnation of unbelievers, and eternal blessings of the regenerated believer.
- In the Holy Spirit, who came forth from the Father and the Son to convict the world of sin. We believe God sent the Spirit, in righteousness and judgment, to regenerate, sanctify, and empower all who believe in Jesus Christ unto the ministry of the Word. We believe the Holy Spirit indwells every believer in Jesus Christ and that He is the abiding Helper, Teacher, and Guide. We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit and that God freely gives Spiritual Gifts through the Spirit as He wills.
- People are born sinners by nature and choice, and therefore, all are under God’s condemnation. We believe that God, through his Holy Spirit, regenerates all who repent of their sins and confess Jesus Christ as the Lord and redeemer of their sins. We believe that Jesus Christ baptizes all believers with the Holy Spirit and empowers all believers for service. We believe in the baptism by immersion in water as a testimony to the unbeliever of our regeneration.
- In the Church, the living spiritual body of which Christ is the Head, and that all regenerated believers are members.
- That the Lord Jesus Christ committed two ordinances to the Church. First the baptism of believers and second the Communion of the Lord’s Supper. We believe that the Communion should be shared with all who confess Jesus Christ as Lord.
- In the laying on of hands, in obedience to God’s will, for the ordination of pastors, elders, and deacons. We believe that God has instructed the Elders of the Church to lay hands on believers for healing and spiritual gifts according to God’s will.
- In what is termed The Apostles’ Creed as embodying fundamental facts of the Christian faith.